Tuesday, February 22, 2005

Weekend

Morning is on the horizon. A fire in my belly, I'm not feeling well. So I'm blogging. But at least my weekend was good. We went to Austin, it was nice. Stayed in a crappy hotel, the Four Point Sheraton. It sucked. But we drove around Austin a lot. I forgot how much it reminded me of San Francisco. I guess it's all the hills. I loved it. I would move there in a heartbeat. We're tied to Houston for awhile, but I could definitely live there. We ate at the Old San Francisco Steakhouse. A unique dining experience. A girl on a swing, everything old style. They let you relax. It was nice to be in a place where they weren't trying to rush you out the door. We paid for that experience but it was worth it. I would go back or try the one here. That was Saturday. On Sunday we went to Waterloo. My wife was gracious (naive) to give me all the time I needed in there. I was inside for almost two hours during which time she read a magazine and slept in the car. Poor wife. Wonderful wife. I spent $100. That was the most I've ever spent at one time on music. It was wonderful. I bought Arcade Fire, Muse, Damien Rice, Explosions in the Sky, Citizen Cope, Housewife, Mountain Goats, and A.C. Newman. Most of those were on my "list" so it's gotten smaller (a little). What I've listened to so far, I've loved. Explosions in the Sky - "The Earth is Not a Cold Dead Place" is wonderful. If you've seen "Friday Night Lights" then you've heard their music. Wonderful. We spent that afternoon at The Oasis. One of Austin's best places to visit. If you haven't been there, you have to go. A tremendous view of Lake Travis. And the food was good too. I wish I'd had a camera at the time. It was gorgeous. Anyway, that was my weekend. How was yours?

No comments: