Wednesday, July 27, 2005

It's the end of the month as we know it.

Wow. What can I say about July. It's almost over. Thankfully. Not that it hasn't been fun. I've been tubing down the Guadalupe River. I got to explore Gruene and eat at the Gristmill. Hadn't eaten there since high school. It was as good as I remember it. Went to Rotan and to Big Spring to visit family. Went to Colorado City for a morning to clean the family lot. Going back to Big Spring friday for a wedding this weekend and for training.

About the family lot. It once housed my grandma and grandpa's house on one corner and my grandpa's mom's house on the opposite corner. My mom loved her grandmother's house. It boasted an outhouse. She said she loved it as a kid, wouldn't dream of entering one now. Now the lot is mainly cactus and mesquite. I helped for a morning. I'm not very good at manual labor. I should practice more.

Overall the month has been good. A lot of fun. I hope you all have had as much fun as I have. Next week will be fun too but I will be without my wife. She's going to spend the week with her family in Rotan. I'll be alright. I guess. Anyway. Talk to you later.

1 comment:

Bashful Blue said...

Just came across your blog. I love all your pics you have posted. Did you take them all?