Tuesday, February 08, 2005

rain rain don't go away

It's raining again. This seems to be a common theme of life here in Houstonia (well maybe not, apparently that's a city in Missouri). It's nice if you can avoid the accidents. I was on Westpark (the non-toll part) just a few hours ago in pursuit of supper and someone was rear-ended about 3 cars ahead of me. My stomach bottomed out. I didn't want to have to wait for a tow truck and all of the drama with that. Thankfully they decided it wasn't worth it and kept moving. The reason I braved the elements and Westpark headed east was that Google Local assured me that there was a street called Fairmont 2.4 miles from me that serviced both a Sonic and a Long John Silver's. I found Fairmont. There were many pretty house/condo hybrids. Many old homes being torn down. Many angry drivers as I slowed to 20 due to both curiousity and rain. No restaurants. I called. It was Fairmont Pkwy, definitely not in the West University area. Oh well. Drove through some of Bellaire. That city facinates me. An autonomous (I think) city within a city, and not far from me. I didn't find what I was looking for. Settled for Taco Cabana. It was alright, not great, definitely not Rosa's. We need those down here. You know what I'm talking about, don't you west Texans? You Houstonians just don't know what you're missing. Oh well. Thought I would just pop on and see what's up. Nothing it seems. Here's a wonderfully random link mainly for Quintinn, but maybe other people will find it interesting.

No comments: