Monday, March 14, 2005

The Foodcourt of West Texas

Gregg St. in Big Spring, TX has to have the most restaurants on a single street than anywhere else in Texas. That's what I thought before I moved away. But as a kid, that's all I ever knew. You want chicken? Go to Gill's on Gregg. Chinese? Hunan's on Gregg. Cheap tex-mex? That would either be Taco Villa or Rocky's. Both on Gregg. Do you see a pattern emerging here? With few exceptions all of the main restaurants in town are on Gregg. Sure now I live near the Galleria and I can go to places like The Cheesecake Factory and Saltgrass and Ninfa's. But there are times when I wish I could go to Hunan's or El Nopal or Cowboy's. Especially Cowboy's Steakhouse, though technically not on Gregg, it is however a mere 2 blocks off. I wonder if Cowboy's will give me free food if I keep mentioning their name?

Cowboy's, Cowboy's, Cowboy's.
Sent wirelessly via BlackBerry from T-Mobile.

No comments: